POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Very slow rendering of an object with many holes : Re: Very slow rendering of an object with many holes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:38:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very slow rendering of an object with many holes
From: Tomohiro
Date: 22 May 2009 18:50:00
Message: <web.4a172aa8dc3f4a9c20aaa4ac0@news.povray.org>
"stevenvh" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I think the following link provide an answer:
> http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/holetut/index.htm

Thank you for your helps.

My object has regular arrangement of cylindrical holes, but
I cannot guess a function because:

- holes are arranged in hexagonal way
- no "half" holes at edge of the object
- (if possible) a small part of edge of holes should be cut in 45 degree

On the other hand, usage of blob worked almost well, but
it cannot satisfy the third requirement written above.